These popular theatre workshops offer a unique and valuable experience for children and teens!
Not only can ABOP help you bust the boredom of school holidays but they also provide young people with an opportunity to work with a professional creative team on a short excerpt, number or medley from a musical, combined with some production activity related to each show. Children and teens will look at script, songs and choreography as well as making props, puppets and working with set involved in a particular show.
The emphasis is on group work, so this is a great way to enjoy theatre, develop skills and meet new friends.
On collection parents are also invited to attend a free fifteen minute 'sharing' of the day's activity, beginning at 4.30pm
ABOP Vacation Workshops are open to children and teens between 7 and 18 years, with an interest or love of theatre or performance. No experience is required to participate but children must be comfortable working in all areas of performance and being on site for a full day. Those involved with be active throughout sessions so young people must be healthy and able to work independently without the presence of a carer or parent.
During the day children will break for two fifteen minute slots and 45 minutes for lunch. They should bring adequate refreshments to maintain their energy levels.
Sessions will be run by ABOP Artistic Director Dix Aston and Musical Director Gareth Williams and the ABOP team.
ABOP workshops are often oversubscribed and are offered on a first come first served basis. Interested parties should complete the Enrolment Form and settle fees in advance to secure a place.
MAY HALF TERM WORKSHOPS
As well a learning new skills and perfecting performance techniques, meeting new friends and having fun, Performing Arts and Production workshops benefit children and young people in all sorts of ways!
1. Helps build confidence and self esteem.
2. Develops creativity and imagination and problem solving.
3. Promotes empathy and understanding.
4. Teaches co-operation, collaboration and negotiation. Nurtures friendships.
5. Improves concentration and fitness.
6. Can reduce physical and emotional stress, and improve motivation.
7. Teaches the value of self-discipline, practice and perseverance.
8. Can strengthen memory skill.
9. Challenges the individual to reach goals beyond their own expectations.
10. Develops language and concentration skills.